Dartmouth SYNERGY speeds the impact of discovery and translates new knowledge into practice and improved population health. By connecting researchers to critical resources, funding opportunities, technologies, research training, and expertise, SYNERGY helps investigators advance research and efficiently translate discoveries into improved population health.
In transforming Dartmouth's research and training environment to efficiently deliver new treatments for disease and disseminate preventive approaches, SYNERGY:
- Nurtures innovation by building connections and providing resources for discovery.
- Addresses barriers to translational research.
- Fosters collaborative interactions between basic, translational, and health services researchers.
- Accelerates the translation of discovery into clinical practice and the community.
- Aligns Dartmouth research more completely with local, regional, and national partners.
- Expands the resources available for improving population health, working with communities and health care services throughout Northern New England and beyond.
- Enriches training and funding mechanisms for new and established researchers.
- Facilitates the development of innovative and efficient solutions for translating scientific discoveries into practice and improved population health.
Dartmouth SYNERGY Clinical and Translational Science Institute is funded through the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Clinical and Translational Science Award (CTSA) program. The CTSA program is led by the NIH's National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences (NCATS).