Tor D. Tosteson, Sc.D
Biostatistics Consultation Core Description
To arrange for a consultation at this core, please select the Request Help button above and fill in brief information about your project or proposed research. A member of the core will contact you. Alternately you may drop into the walk-in clinics, described below.
Biostatistics Consulting Walk-In Clinic and GeoSpatial Consulting
The SYNERGY Biostatistics Consultation Core offers a walk-in Biostatistics Consulting Clinic for researchers on Tuesdays and Fridays, 9 am-12 noon, in the Biostatistics Consulting office, Department of Data Science, 3rd floor, Room 325, Williamson Translational Research Building at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center. Consulting sessions will typically be 30 minutes, available on a first-come, first-served basis. Services may include:
- Statistical design and sample-size calculations for all types of study designs, including clinical trials of all phases; observational studies, including cross-sectional cohort designs, case-control studies, and hybrid designs; family studies; administrative database analyses; and studies of diagnostic test assessment/screening
- Planning and oversight for data collection and management
- Study monitoring and sequential design
- Statistical analysis plans
- Analytic tables and graphics
- Research data analysis
- Proposal development
- Protocol pre-review
- Publication support
The SYNERGY Biostatistics Consultation Core also offers GeoSpatial Consulting for researchers. The GeoSpatial Resource supports the design and implementation of geospatial research including geocoding, travel time, census data, density and proximity calculations, small area analysis, and spatial autocorrelation, among other topics. For information, please contact Heather Carlos: email@example.com.