William Rigby, M.D.
Request Help form
To accommodate the range of investigators' needs, we offer comprehensive or partial study support through the service options listed below:
Study Preparation and Oversight:
- Price quotes for CRU services for inclusion in study budgets. (Our cost structure is based on funding mechanism and is supportive of investigator-initiated studies.)
- Coordination with the Clinical Trials Office during budget negotiation
- Preparation and submission of applications/amendments to the Committee for the Protection of Human Subjects (CPHS)
- Maintenance of all regulatory documents for site-visits, audits etc.
Space and Personnel:
- Use of CRU personnel/space for comprehensive study support
- Use of CRU personnel/space for portions of study
- Use of CRU personnel at a site other than 4M (will be considered on a case-by-case basis)
- Use of CRU space only by investigative team
- Use of CRU Sample Processing Lab only
- Drug administration including infusions
- PK/PD Studies
- Research patient monitoring
- Questionnaire administration with data entry
- Case report form completion
- Medical Record reviews
- Disease activity measures
CRU Sample Processing Laboratory Services:
- Sample Preparation (including refrigerated centrifuging)
- Packaging and shipping per sponsor requirements (including dry ice)
- Sample storage at -80 degrees (up to one year depending on space limitations)
Please file a Request Help form to be contacted by the CRU Manager and initiate review of your protocol by the CRU Steering Committee.
The SYNERGY Clinical Research Unit (CRU) is an outpatient research support unit that offers investigators a full array of services for the conduct of clinical research. The CRU is located in Faulkner 4M at DHMC, easily accessible to research volunteers from clinics and the public garage. All clinical research (ranging from investigator-initiated pilot and RO1-funded studies to industry-initiated, double-blind, placebo-controlled, single and multi-center clinical trials) is appropriate for CRU usage. Experienced CRU staff members (including a Manager, Research Nurses, Study Coordinators and a Scheduler) facilitate study preparation and execution with emphasis on volunteer safety and data quality. The CRU is available to any Dartmouth/DHMC researcher wishing to access dedicated research space, sample processing/storage equipment and personnel resources for the efficient conduct of clinical research.
Thank you for your interest in the SYNERGY Clinical Research Unit. We welcome your feedback and encourage you to let us know if there are services you need that are not listed on this site.