The Community Engagement Advisory Board (CEAB) advises the SYNERGY Executive Committee, providing feedback on SYNERGY's impact in the community and efforts to address community health concerns.
The CEAB consists of health professionals, community leaders, and government representatives. It meets quarterly to discuss health-related issues in regional communities, community-academic partnerships, and SYNERGY's success in addressing community health concerns. The CEAB aims to support collaborative, sustainable, and mutually beneficial research projects, achieved through discussion among academicians and community groups.
The CEAB provides advice and direction for all community engagement research activities. We aim to:
- Serve as an advocate for community interests in the community-engaged and community-placed research process.
- Promote equal participation of community members and researchers in the interpretation and dissemination all research findings.
- Prepare and disseminate to communities, researchers, and the SYNERGY Executive Committee an annual Community Engagement Research Advisory Report.
- Provide oversight to ensure that community engaged research projects adhere to accepted principles and that it represents local community interests and protects vulnerable populations.
- Recommend activities and structures that will foster the development of equitable community-academic research partnerships that result in sustainable change.
- Identify community health priorities from available community health assessments or other health data and make recommendations on the use of SYNERGY resources to address them.
- Sponsor community-academic exchanges and training to enhance communications, partnership building, and implementation and dissemination methodology.
Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth
Assistant Professor of The Dartmouth Institute
Executive Director, Grafton County Senior Citizens Council, Inc.
Little Rivers Health Care Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC)
Community Representative, Claremont, NH
Sullivan County Public Health Advisory Council
Executive Director, Public Health Council of the Upper Valley
Community Representative, Bethel, VT
Executive Director, LISTEN Community Services
Executive Director, North Country Health Consortium
Director, Northern New Hampshire Area Health Education Center
Family Physician, Alice Peck Day Memorial Hospital
Community Representative, Thetford, VT
Executive Director of Senior Solutions, Southeastern VT
Director of the Veterans Rural Health Resource Center-White River Junction (VRHRC-WRJ)