Tue, Apr 19, 2016
We are proud to extend congratulations to the 2016 SYNERGY Translational Pilot Grant awardees . Following a review of 29 letters of intent, SYNERGY invited 16 full applications from which six awardees were selected; two of the six awards are co-funded with the Norris Cotton Cancer Center (NCCC). Aligning with SYNERGY’s mission of fostering collaborative interactions between basic, translational, and health services researchers, the awardees come from diverse Dartmouth schools and departments:
- Megan Coylewright, MD, MPH (PI, Medicine/Cardiovascular Medicine and The Dartmouth Institute for Health Policy and Clinical Practice) and Stuart W. Grande, PhD, MPA (Co-PI, The Dartmouth Institute for Health Policy and Clinical Practice) – Can Telehealth be used to Improve Implementation of Shared Decision Making in Patients with Heart Valve Disease?
- Steven N. Fiering, PhD (PI, Microbiology and Immunology, and Genetics) and Peter A. Kaufman, MD (Co-PI, Hematology and Oncology) – In Situ Vaccination of Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Patient-derived Mouse Xenografts with Empty Cowpea Mosaic Viral-like Particles*
- Alexander Iribarne, MD, MS (PI, Surgery/Cardiac Surgery and The Dartmouth Institute for Health Policy and Clinical Practice) and Jonathan S. Skinner, PhD (Co-PI, Economics and The Dartmouth Institute for Health Policy and Clinical Practice) – Geographic Variation in Screening and Frequency of Re-interventions after Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm Repair among Medicare Recipients in the United States
- Catherine Stanger, PhD (PI, Psychiatry) and Todd F. Heatherton, PhD (Co-PI, Psychology and Brain Sciences) – Targeting Neural Self-regulation with Technology for Overweight Teens*
- Lance G. Warhold, MD (PI, Surgery/Orthopaedic Surgery) and Alexander Hartov, PhD (Co-PI, Thayer School of Engineering) – FAST: Fixation Approaches to Scaphoid Trauma
- Ulrike G.K. Wegst, PhD (PI, Thayer School of Engineering) and Michael K. Matthew, MD (Co-PI, Surgery/Plastic Surgery) – Multifunctional Freeze-Cast Scaffolds for Peripheral Nerve Repair
- *co-funded with the Norris Cotton Cancer Center
We extend our sincere thanks to the 2016 SYNERGY Translational Pilot Application Review Committee for their hard work during the review process to select these Pilot Awardees.